Saturday, 1 November 2014

Sigmar Polke exhibition - Tate Modern



I went to see Sigmar Polke at the Tate Modern! It was by far the most interesting and enjoyable time I think I have ever had at an art gallery. His works are absolutely beautiful, and it wasn't only the pieces themselves, but the background behind it! For example in the 1970s Polke did a lot of travelling to places like Afghanistan, and he was taking a lot of hallucinogenic drugs, so all of his art work in that period of time was very odd and slightly messed up. It was so intriguing and beautiful. Some of his work was done on A5 pieces of graph paper using crayon or ink. I think my favourite room of the entire exhibition was the 'Modern Art' room because it was so pretty. There were pastel colours and hot bright colours, I loved it! I just really came to appreciate art after that exhibition. The history, the beauty and the simplicity. Sigmar Polke, if I may say, has definitely moved into my top favourite artists. Pics of me afterwards and my favourite works of his. (I couldn't find all of them unfortunately.)
Sigmar Polke (1941 - 2010), Mu nieltnam netorruprup 1975 , Museum of Modern Art (New York, USA), © The Estate of Sigmar Polke / DACS, London / VG Bild-Kunst, Bonn
"Mu nieltnam netorruprup", 1975  
Sigmar Polke. Raster Drawing (Portrait of Lee Harvey Oswald), 1963
 "Raster Drawing", 1963

Plastik-Wannen-by-Sigmar-Polke-at-MOMA
"Plastik-Wannen", 1964
"Girlfriends", 1965/66

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comment, they never fail to make me smile + i appreciate them so much!