Monday, 4 May 2015

OYINDA part 2

1) Describe yourself in 5-10 words. Adjectives, anything.
annoying, weird, (zoe you describe me!)

>>Me: OK OK, I would say: Smart, deep, loyal, interesting, funny<<



2) If you have a journal/diary/sketchbook or a random piece of writing, tell me about it (what you were thinking, the meaning behind it etc)
I wrote this piece I titled "Untitled"  after I read the  'As Is The Sea Marvelous' by E. E. Cummings. When I wrote it I spent about two hours reading through whatever poems I could find by him, and I was just inspired. I don't really know what was going through my mind, except for I need to find a way to make my sentences make sense. The entire piece is about love, but not a love I would back. Reading it back makes me uncomfortable because it's about finding yourself in someone else, sort of having their soul spilling inside you. It doesn't even go with the theme of the poem, I just took one line, interpreted it and furthered it in my own way. I really just like the word play, which is something I love about poetry. The focus on individual words and phrases, the rhyming schemes, rather than it as a whole.



3) What are you passionate about. Forget school, uni, jobs, expectations. If you could do anything, be anything, what would it be and why?


If  I could so anything I'd work on Broadway, as in dancing, singing, vibrant make-up and flashy clothes, although mainly the dance routines. There's something freeing about twirling and jumping across a massive stage while lights highlight your every move. Its not really about the applause or the audience, I just want to lose myself in the music or hear my voice ring triumphant against a backing track. I just feel like there's so much more to that world than what the current path I'm on. If I could restart my childhood I'd demand that my parents put in a dance class. It's really all about having real ownership of my body, taking control of my arms and how they glide against the air, which is something I feel I don't have. There's also a beauty in it all that I find electric. 




4) What's your favourite piece or clothing or outfit and why?


My favourite piece of clothing is probably the pair of trousers I bought for work experience a year ago. I'd been searching for something like them for ages, I came across them in Beyond Retro, tried them on and squealed when my sister told me they looked great on me. That pair of trousers was the first step into creating my own personal style, so they'll forever have a special place in my heart. 


5) Are you on a journey of self-discovery or self-acceptance? Explain why or why not.


Overall, I'd say it's a journey of self-acceptance. Bits and pieces along the way feel like I'm discovering myself but really I'm accepting parts of myself  I suppressed because I was trying to fit in. There's nothing to discover if you haven't come to terms with who you are at the starting line. Self-acceptance is just something I need to achieve and I am, very slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comment, they never fail to make me smile + i appreciate them so much!