Saturday, 9 May 2015

There is a Light that Never Goes Out

SO! I graduated! Last night was absolutely fantastic - it was the end of an era. I didn't get to know all 120 people our year but I know that we're all linked somehow. It's weird being with a large group of people for 5 years, going on the same trips, being in the same classes. Seeing everyone including myself reach that last, first stage in our lives made me really not want to grow up. We're not going to be sitting in our uniforms, answering to a dumb register in the mornings ever again. I don't want that to end. I want to wake up at 6am and leave the house at 5-to-8 and take the bus to school, being drenched with sweat from walking up the same old hill and flopping into my usual chair complaining about how sweaty I am, answering to the register and pulling out a science revision guide that was sometimes upside down and saying "yes miss, we're revising" I don't want to leave school. I don't want even more responsibilities. But that's life I guess.
I really can't say anymore other than the fact that I feel several different emotions at once! Some of my closest friends are leaving - it's all a lot to take in. Oh, and exams start in exactly 3 days. What am I doing here on a Saturday morning on blogger when I should be starting revision? Who knows.
I'd like to say that I wish it would all slow down. But even then I know that I'm just kidding myself. As hard as it is, I need to be honest with myself, not make excuses you know? If I just put in the effort, push myself, then I can really relax this summer. You know what? I will! I'm going to succeed!!!

*sighs* OK, enjoy these photographs. Enjoy your day. If you have exams coming up: Inhale and exhale. You are not your grades. All you can EVER, EVER do is try your best. Do that and you'll ace in life. The exam period is too short to waste time comparing yourself to others, especially grades. Do your best, don't make silly excuses. Know your limits and know when you need to give yourself the extra push. Be hard on yourself, be kind. You. Can. Do. This. You. Will. Do. This.

CLASS OF 2015:
















Xxxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that your blog header is utter perfection! x
    fashionismyfirstlangauge.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on graduating! Major stuff. I also really love your blog, like alot. Good luck with your exams! <3 x

    vogueescapade.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow thank you, I really appriciate these comments! and woah um, your blog is amazing xx

      Delete

thanks for your comment, they never fail to make me smile + i appreciate them so much!