Sunday, 12 July 2015

summer blues

so I made a playlist about the summer I'm having on 8tracks. I don't want to sound like a big old whiner because all you have to do is look at my previous posts to know that some elements of my summer have been positive and fun. But after nearly a month of being off I have realised that I haven't done half the things I have wanted to do. Half the parties I wanted to go to. It sounds pretty lame but watching endless snapchats of your friends going from party to party or just simply hanging out in the park or something - without you - is like a small weight and it's bringing me down. I mean to be fair, only one of the parties were one I'd never be invited to anyway because I didn't know the people who's party it was but hmm, recently I just feel  as if I'm watching everyone else live the summer I intended to have. Boring that you have to listen to me moan on and on but I just feel like I could be doing so much more but my friends are always busy. And I've also realised that the more I don't go out or do something frequently, the more my dad is always suggesting things to do - which are (sorry dad) never good suggestions. It's always "why dont you go and see your grandma and help tidy up" or "do some gardening" - which by the way just means picking up squashed, rotten apples and cutting up weeds that have reclaimed the bikes and chairs we have left in our garden. And I see my grandma every friday and have been for the past year and a half so excuse me if it's a little draining and I just want to relax at home...where there's wifi (no offence grandma.) I sound like a terrible person right but ugh this summer I kinda wanted to get away from the whole family scene and just hang out with friends yknow? I wanted this summer to be all spontaneous and fun but instead I feel like the fun-ness of this summer has been coming out in glops, like trying to get paint out of a half-dried bottle. Hopefully all of the paint will come out at once?? Possibly re-kickstart the fun in this summer?? I don't know.

Anywaaaaaays enough of my pathetic complaining. I made this playlist with a lot of inspiration from Claire - augustlikethemonth.blogspot.com's 8tracks playlist that she just put on her blog as songs she has been listening to recently. Here is her playlist. The songs were amazing and I actually couldn't stop listening to them.
My playlist is called 'summer blues' for lame and obvious reasons - but it's part 1 because it's the songs that describe the summer I am currently having. Part 2 will be songs that describe the summer I intended to have. I'll post that later. For now, enjoy these songs that will hopefully give you a more detailed insight into the way I feel right now. If not then just enjoy it because the songs are quite lovely! Listen to it here xx

4 comments:

  1. i know exactly how you feel!! in a way i anticipated my summer to be this way, so for me it's less disappointing, nonetheless the endless amount of parties and festivals put a dampener on what should be the best summer of our lives. and YES, parents seem to think 'learning to iron' and 'watering the veg' are enriching and exciting experiences which they really aren't. anyway, i hope your summer improves and lives up to our teen dreams x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg right?? haha thank you, I rlly hope it does! Xxx

      Delete
  2. I feel you!! I think everyone feels like they are watching someone else live summer, which is maybe part of the thing that makes summer summer, like a kind of longing, ya know? I love the classic dad suggestions hahah! and the paint analogy is killer. hope your summer feels better soon beeb, and the playlist is a beaut

    Claire
    www.augustlikethemonth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree. omg classic dads! You know I came up with that paint analogy just on the spot and I was just like dang, well done me loool. And thank you!! xxx

      Delete

thanks for your comment, they never fail to make me smile + i appreciate them so much!