Thursday, 13 August 2015

how we decorate time

"Art is how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time" I don't know who said this but I love it. Recently I have been recommended some new music! They're not all exactly new songs but it's the first time I've heard them and it makes me feel like a new layer has opened up inside my music loving brain and I'm getting closer to having 100% satisfaction that I've heard all the music I will ever need to hear in my lifetime. So here are the songs I have been listening to with ratings.


how deep is this album cover?



"Loveleen" by Rejjie Snow. It's from his EP called Rejovich. I love the slow, draging beat and the piano chords and the softness of the rap. It's perfect and it's short as well. The quickness of the song is good because it never gets boring but you also wish it could just carry on for another 10 minutes.

My rating: 10/10
 

"A.D.H.D" by Kendrick Lamar. This is from his album called Section.80. I like when the bass comes in at the begining. It just kinda reminds me of being at a party, it's really spaced out and the beat is nice and slow, I love it. This is weird but I like how he says "Fuck that" and I don't know why hahaha.

My rating: 9/10









"Sing About Me, I'm Dying Of Thirst" by Kendrick Lamar again. This is from his album called good kid, m.A.A.d city. To be honest his song is pretty much perfect. The rap, the beat, the soothing chords. It's a very long song but you could literally have this as a muffled, quiet background as you chill in your bedroom or just loud.

My rating: 10/10




"The Moment" by Tame Impala. This song is from their album called Currents. I like listening to this song when I'm going out. Like as soon as I leave the house or get on the bus, I'd put it on. It makes me feel like I'm going somewhere exciting and cool, a place that reminds me of the album cover.

My rating: 8/10



"48" by Tyler, The Creator. This is from this album called Wolf. Chill beat that I find myself swaying to by accident. I don't know what it is about it I just like it a lot.

My rating: 8/10

                                               
~ So as you can see, there's a bit of a pattern. Slow rap is a jam I am falling in love with. Hope you enjoy them if you listen to them or already have! ~                            





2 comments:

  1. the first song is so good!!! life changing hahah <3 <3 <3

    Claire
    www.augustlikethemonth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ikr, it's my favourite out of the 5! xx

      Delete

thanks for your comment, they never fail to make me smile + i appreciate them so much!