Monday, 26 October 2015

My visions for the future // Outfits of the past

THANK THE HEAVENS that it is half-term right now. A whole week off! Not that it will be spent doing absolutely nothing like I wish it could, but I'm thankful that I have some time to well, not be in school. Sometimes you just need to get away from that dreadful place, am I right?

Anyways, strangely enough, I have been enjoying the "wearing-your-own-clothes-to-sixth-form" part of college recently. At first I hated it because I was either wearing the same pair of jeans everyday, or literally wearing every item in my wardrobe during the first week. But I've sorta got the hang of mixing and matching and putting together preppy, simple outfits. It's pretty fun to be honest. I wore these two outfits last week. The first outfit was a bit ambitious in the sense that I'd normally wear it out somewhere, but I was kinda bored so I whipped up the over sized jean jacket with the skirt look:



The skirt was thrifted, the jacket is from the Vintage Basement, (located in Bricklane) the shirt from golfwang and the shoes from a boutique! That was helpful haha.


The badge says "GUARD" although I'm not actually a guard for anything, I just bought it from a garage sale because it was 20p!

I like this second outfit because of its simplicity. I wore this on Friday and I was just developing an annoying cold so the turtleneck came in handy! 



The shirt/jacket/whatever-you-call-it thing was thrifted. It is corduroy, soft and incredibly comfortable. The turtle neck is from a vintage shop. It's my older sisters and she recently just visited from Amsterdam and threatened to take it back, but I must have a way with words because she's taking it back when she visits around Christmas time instead of now. Phew! I love this top so so so much so I'm glad we still have a couple of months together. *tears up.* What you can't see in these photographs is that it's actually quite sparkly and it has a hole in the back! Not an accidental hole, an actual hole as part of the design. It's really pretty. The trousers are from a vintage shop in Amsterdam and I wear them all the time despite the fact that that it pinches my waist a lot. 

I will do more of these soon!

It's kind of a tradition for me to make vision boards whenever I feel the time is right. Whenever I feel uninspired. I just made one dedicated to the year of 2016. I have a good feeling about next year and I hope my subtle positivity for it rubs off into the new year. What I do to start it off is get out my notebook and write down words that relate to what I want for my chosen time period. For example "Money", "Fashion". "Confidence" or something like that. Then I get out the massive bag of magazines that I have stored underneath my bed and flip through and cut out! I cut out words, pictures - anything! Then I stick it all on an A3 sheet of paper and up it goes on my bedroom wall. I see it everyday and am then reminded of all of the goals I want to achieve and get this weird rush of motivation. It's also good if you're in a confused state and you really just want to know where your priorities and goals lie. Good way to get inspired and creative too. Here's my one:


I think it speaks for itself really. (if you can read it!) These are my goals for the next year. To get a job, make money, contribute to things, meet new people. I like the connotations of "wake up and smell the roses" - I see it as telling me to wake up and be positive or see the good in a fresh new day. *lol cringe* 2016 is the wondrous year I turn **17!!!** as well, so I chucked that in there. 

~ANYWAYS~

Sorry for this unnecessarily long post but I hope it threw waves of positivity your way! PEACE OUT lovelies and see you in the next post! 



10 comments:

  1. love these looks, especially the second one! <3 <3 the vision board seems v empowering maybe I should try one hahah... not sure if I'm ready to think about 2016! x

    Claire
    www.augustlikethemonth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! Yeah I defo prefer the second look. It really is empowering and makes you feel good and creative. Please make one I'd love to see others! Lool I find myself planning ahead w/o even thinking sometimes but lol whatever makes me feel organised!! x

      Delete
  2. yay these outfits are super cool ~ wish my school was more accepting of nice clothes x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your looks are so gooooooood I love those trousers. Your mood board is super inspiring and I hope you have a great 2016. I'm gonna turn................ 25. Spooky. 2 old 2 furious lmao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you!!!!! I'm glad it inspired you and I hope so too but tbh I hoped that about this year and even though most of it has been fab there has been some serious downs. But positivity is key! Lmaoooooo I would be kinda creeped out if you were actually turning 25 ngl

      Delete
  4. i'm a vision board person too. They're so good with helping to focus on getting what you want. I've written '365 day writing streak' on my wardrobe mirror so I see it every day. Hope you have a good rest of 2015 as well as a great 2016. btw I love your denim jacket, need to get one

    x

    This Kid Is Alright

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a really good idea :) Thanks b,u too!! Ooo yes I love denim jackets <3

      Delete
  5. I totally get how weird it is to start wearing your own clothes to school after you've had a uniform for too long... it happened to me at the start of high school!

    xx Alyssa
    visionsofnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's quite an interesting transition but I enjoy it haha c: xx

      Delete

thanks for your comment, they never fail to make me smile + i appreciate them so much!