Monday, 2 November 2015

a junk yard owned by God and a party hosted by me

I woke up feeling irritated and unhappy and can anyone figure out why??? That's right: School has decided to make it's way back into my life without permission after a one second long week off. Brilliant! Although I must say that today has taken a turn and that had something to do with a village cafe and an excellent cheese burger.
Anyways, why am I babbling on? The half term - if I don't think about how much work I didn't do - was actually quite good. On Friday my sister and I volunteered at the Albany theatre for a kids show called "Bedtime Stories" where we had to dress up as bunnies and help the children to their seats. The whole entire set was like a massive sleepover; pillows, duvets and mattresses everywhere. When the show began and I sat at the back awkwardly in my bunny outfit, I couldn't help but smile and I got this weird, strong feeling of nostalgia, but it was a positive nostalgia rather than a negative and regretful one. The children were so cute and the show itself was amazing!

After that we had to rush to get to our friend's as it was her birthday party and we were all going to head up to God's Own Junk Yard all the way in East London. The junk yard is literally a junk yard gallery filled with new & used neon fantasies, salvaged signs, vintage neons, old movie props and retro displays. It was a beautiful neon heaven. It's extremely hard not to take hundreds of photos and upload them to Instagram, but if you're like me and have no chill whatsoever, then you won't mind having a neon-themed feed for the next month. Picture time!! (there were more than this btw)

LIGHTS EVERYWHERE

What it looks like to be in heaven









birthday girl 








These pictures only display a sprinkle of the life and atmosphere that this place had. Go if you ever get the chance!

The next day, me and my sister Cleo were hosting a Halloween party. Nerve wracking but hella exciting. Half an hour before the party started I wasn't even ready and my stomach was in a constant state of butterflies! But as more and more people arrived I started to calm down internally and relax and enjoy myself. Despite the fact that a good 15 people turned up who weren't invited and the toilet broke (It's now fixed however!!!) it was such a good night!






I definitely don't think I will be having a party for the next year and a half or so. Actually my mum said I couldn't so there you go. But such fun, such fun. How was your Halloween night? Hope it was spooky, festive and live! ~ PEACE OUT ~ and see you in the next post!

6 comments:

  1. God's Own Junk Yard is just around the corner from my boyfriend's house but I've never been there. I have been to nearby Wild Card Brewery and the gin palace though and those were fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THESE PHOTOS, so cool!!!
    xx Alyssa
    visionsofnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was just in london but i completely forgot to go there! glad you had fun at your party :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comment, they never fail to make me smile + i appreciate them so much!