Saturday, 20 February 2016

red roses, garage sales.

It was supposed to be half-term break this week but to be honest I'd rather be back at college. This is for many reasons, but my half-opened eyes and tired mind are telling myself  not to elaborate on any. I've been dreaming a lot about love lately - it's like an addiction, and I'm trying to maintain normality in my head but it's not working and I don't know why. I've been obsessed with red roses, too. *hits blunt* is that why I feel all drugged up on love??? PROBABLY. That's good; I thought I'd have to admit to thoughts I didn't want to admit to. I don't know where the time in February has gone, but I do remember feeling as if it was going slowly at some point. I think my brain is just tired from all of these conflicting thoughts, soppy and emotional dreams, and everything else. Do you ever get this feeling? It sucks.



Very short piece from my diary. Don't talk about love to me at a party because this is what ends up happening:


RANDOM/POINTLESS SELFIES:




* * *

On Friday morning  I trekked all the way up to Dalston for Beyond Retro's garage sale! I was ambivalent about it at first because I couldn't be bothered for the long journey and I was meant to be doing work. (needless to say that definitely didn't happen.) But it was worth it in the end because I got some real good bargains that day.








I bought a new turtle neck jumper. I think it's meant to be a Christmas jumper, but who cares? I managed to find some green high-waisted jeans, a mini checked skirt and some boots! The shoes were a long shot - you could hardly find any pairs with everything scattered around, but all of a sudden a light shone through the ceiling and I spotted a pair that looked just my size. I had to get it, regardless of whether they pinch my toes slightly more than I would have liked. I love sales like this - you can get so much for so little money; every item I bought was under a tenner.





What a busy month it has been. Hopefully March won't be constructed by red roses and tender memories from the past that aren't worth thinking about. I think I might just make March the new January. I needed this 2 month trial to make resolutions and break them all within the first few weeks. It's a learning process and a skill I have yet to master.

~peace out~ and see you in the next post! Zoe xo

6 comments:

  1. I love this post, those green jeans are awesome! And your diary entry is very cool, I definitely resonate with it.
    xx Alyssa
    visionsofnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I love them but they're kinda tight haha. I like it when my deep thoughts are relatable.

      Delete
  2. Grrrrrl I feel ya. I think about the idea of "love" every once in a while and it's kind of annoying to me!! Hhahaha, also you are vvvery cute and found such awesome items!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it just messes with your mind. Aw thanks! ^_^

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love your writing oh my goodness, big fan. You're such a beaut too! And that vintage market looks fab xx
    www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! <3 <3 <3 It was amazing, I wish I could've spent more time than I did in there.

      Delete

thanks for your comment, they never fail to make me smile + i appreciate them so much!