Thursday, 26 May 2016

a long post

On the 12th of May, went to another Chill Pill spoken word night held at The Albany theatre. I feel more inspired than ever and can we just take a moment to appreciate creative people? Each artist had their own style of speaking and their own way of communicating an image and a story to the audience, and it was just breathtaking to witness. One of my favourite artists that night was Caleb Femi. On his website, his work is described as "vivid" and "honest" and I couldn't put it any better. I loved his poem called "Coconut Oil" which was about the gentrification of the place he grew up in. It was delivered beautifully, and the town he described was lyrically constructed using the imagery of afro hair. The whole event was so inspiring, and actually encouraged me to write some of my own spoken word. 

A few weeks ago, I went to another east end thrift store £1 sale!!! It was the most exciting one to date because my sister and I were the very first to arrive. Which meant that we got a free £10 bag. Can we just...take that in??? Such a win-win! Very pleased.







classic shot of purchases

That evening, I celebrated my sister and I's birthday with our friends with a dinner at a cool Chinese restaurant called Tai Won Mein in Greenwich. Then we walked around the Cutty Sark to watch the sun set which led to numerous fun, heart-lifting, laugh-till-your-stomach-hurts moments. #classic





LOOK AT THIS CLOUD !! I CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT AN ANGEL LIVED THERE.





Being the lame rebellious people we are, we snuck (quite out in the open tbh) onto this Ferris Wheel ride which was not locked or covered. It was an opportunity just waiting to happen!



Drunk on laughter, we danced around the empty Greenwich market to a man busking on the accordion. He then came up to us and played 'happy birthday'! It was a magical, spontaneous evening that left me smiling and smiling and smiling. 

School's been looong and exams have bombarded my social life, which is why I left this post so incredibly late. I can't wait until it's all over. I hope everything, whether it be exams or just life in general, is great and tolerable because wherever you are it's always gon' get better.

peace out lovely human beings, and see u in the next post! Zoe xo

8 comments:

  1. you and your friends are so cool!! argh i'd love to meet you!! i'll have to try and check out that thrift store in the summer too, because it looked so cool :) i really like your "life updates" or whatever, they're so nice and interesting x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!!!! 💕💕💕💕

      Delete
  2. Love this post! Chill pill sounds so cool and I really want to go. Also the east end thrift store looks amazing, can't believe you got such a good deal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, yeah I know I was so baffled but happy! 😂😊 xox

      Delete
  3. Ugh let me be your friend pls haha, thus sounds like such a rad day out! I bloody LOVE the East End Thrift Store, I really need to schedule in a trip there ASAP X
    www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, it was pretty amazing and the unexpectedness of it all just increased that! And yes!! They're having a £1 sale very soon, I would suggest following them in Facebook because they will bombard you with updates! ☺ ♡

      Delete
  4. argh i really want to get chill pill tickets now! i love that feeling of seeing something that looks like it should only exist on tumblr. ahh that cloud though

    - kalopcia.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg yes i would 10/10 recommend going to a chill pill night! Haha you know a cloud is special when you have to stop to take selfies with it ♡

      Delete

thanks for your comment, they never fail to make me smile + i appreciate them so much!